UKSS Conference 24th June 2019 – Bournemouth University
Systems Thinking and the Circular Economy
In a world where traditional conventions, business practices and modes of operation, and resources utilisation are being brought into question, how might businesses, institutes and organisations approach these things differently?
Download the main flyer:
UKSS Conference 2019 Advanced Notice (156.3 KiB)
The submission guidelines for papers are here:
BOURNEMOUTH UNIVERSITY, HOTEL CORPORATE RATES
|Date:||March 13, 2019|
19th International Conference June 2018: Can systemic thinking reshape health services?
In association with SPMC and the Schumacher Institute; supported by the World Organisation of Systems and Cybernetics and the Associazione Italiana per la Ricerca sui Sistemi.
The keynote presentations are now available for download:
|Date:||August 30, 2018|
|Date:||August 30, 2018|
18th International Conference July 2014: Practice of Systems Ideas in a Knowledge Society
Keynotes by Professor Simon Bell, Open University, Professor Gerald Midgley, University of Hull and Patrick Hoverstadt, SCiO
17th International Conference Sept 2013: Systems and Society: Ideas from practice
Keynote speakers were: Professor Ranulph Glanville, President of the American Society for Cybernetics, Professor Raul Espejo, Director–General of the World Organization off Systems and Cybernetics and Clive Hutchinson, Company leader at Gougar Automation.
16th International Conference Aug 2012: Global Crises: Exploring the Systems Perspectives
Keynote speakers were: Professor Edward Borodzicz, Strategy and Business Systems, University of Portsmouth,Professor Gerald Midgley, Centre for Systems Studies at the University of Hull. Plus a workshop with Tony Hodgson.
Other past speakers:
- Professor John Naughton
- Dr Martin Reynolds
- Professor Peter Checkland
- Linda Macauley, Manchester Business School
- Michael C. Jackson, Hull Business School
- John Seddon, Vanguard
- Dr Joanne Tippett, University of Manchester
- Professor Ralph Stacey, University of Hertfordshire
- Dr. Tony Kendle, Foundation Director at the Eden Project
- Mark Lynas
- Sarb Sembhi, Director of Metis-For
- Professor Bernard Lietaer
- Geoff Mulgan, Director of the Young Foundation
- Prof. Kees van der Heijden, Strathclyde University
- Christopher Tchen, Partner at Carbon Limiting Technologies
- Ian Mitroff – Gold Medal Award 2006
- John Ward
- Fritjof Capra, author of “Hidden Connections” and “The Web of Life”
- Professor Peter Reason, Unversity of Bath
- Humberto Maturana
- Pille Bunnell